Sunday, May 22, 2011

Windy MSQ..

Hoverfly sp. Criorhina berberina.

Tortrix moth sp. Epiblema rosaecolana.

Sloe Bug.

Great Tit Nestlings.

Juvenile Mistle Thrush.
A couple of visits to the reserve over the weekend in some really blustery weather,particularly today saw me seeing some good sightings,which included one new species for myself and a personal first record for the reserve.Bird highlights were provided yesterday by 2 1st summer Hobby,hawking dragonflies over the main lake,giving some nice views and today a Little-ringed Plover amongst the breeding wader's and duck's.Other bird sighting's enjoyed over the 2 days included a gorgeous brood of day old Shelduck,4 pairs of Common Tern and 4 Common Buzzard,with a very tame juv. Mistle Thrush seeming oblivious to Theresa and myself today.Insect highlights were provided by my first sighting of the hoverfly species Criorhina berberina and my first personal record for the reserve of Sloe Bug,with 2 individuals being observed.Lepidoptera sightings included 15 Brown Argus and at least 20 Cinnabar Moths,with the micro moth species Epiblema rosaecolana being a personal first also.A windy couple of days,but enjoyable all the same with some nice company.

1 comment:

  1. Nice way of exploring wild life. I love to be a part of wild life and I got real inspiration from your post to visit a sanctuary.

    ReplyDelete